Saturday, March 21, 2009

Learning on the Weekends

Over the past few weekends I have been developing a whole new section of knowledge in my brain. I'm talking about learning the basic rules and regulations of the All-American past-time, Baseball. I am not what you would call the most athletically gifted person therefore I have never really taken a great interest in learning about sports. I would occasionally glance at a game here or there of soccer or basketball, maybe football, but never baseball. These days, however, I am more like a permanent fixture in Jack Kaiser Stadium. Well...maybe not permanent but I'm there for almost all of the St. John's baseball games. Even though I have only been to 3 of their games (out of 4) here on campus I have learned a lot more than I ever knew about the game...that's not saying that much since I new nothing before. Since I'm so proud of the things I have learned I'm going to share them with you.

1. The difference between a ball and a strike
2. Pinch hitter
3. Pinch Runner
4. That there are a lot more people on a baseball team than I ever thought
5. "Strike out the sides"

Anyway that's just to list a couple, and believe me it's not even the beginning of the list

No comments:

Post a Comment