
Never before had I seen any article of clothing, apparel, accessories, etc. made out of elephant until the other day. A few weeks ago I was online shopping when I came across a leather goods store on Madison Ave. Personally, I enjoy leather goods, fur goods, or animal products in general (as long as the the animal is not endangered of course) so I decided to go to the store's website. Online it didn't look like anything that fabulous, just simple leather goods....
Well...the other day I happened to be on Madison Ave. and as I was walking I noticed the name of the store I had visited online, Hides in Shape (clever). I had some time to kill so I decided to go inside. From the second I opened the door I was greeted with the smell of soft, fresh leather. They had some of the most beautiful leather products I have ever seen (at some of the highest prices I have ever seen as well). The accessory that caught my attention the most, however, was a men's wallet made out of elephant hide that the owner of the store took out for me to look at. Elephant has a very interesting texture, heavy, think, and course, but beautiful. I know it is illegal to hunt elephants for ivory so I don't exactly know if the use of the hide is legal or not...I'll have to look that up.
Check it out: http://www.hidesinshape.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment